Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Transforming Hope



Many of you have asked about the direction God has taking my life and I am excited to share with you my faith story of these last couple months!  As my internship with Cru was winding down, I felt that God was putting on my heart a desire to 
offer freedom to women who have had a past of sex-trafficking


I prayed about it and applied to a ministry in Asheville to work as a resident director, but didn’t get the position because they wanted someone with more experience or who was pursuing a degree in counseling. 


So, I decided to move to Raleigh to pursue a degree in Biblical counseling from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, in hopes that I could one day work in a home with these women.  Thinking that would take a while, I put the dream on the back burner in my mind and started job searching to make my way through graduate school.  That’s when I came across “Transforming Hope Ministries” in the career portal at Southeastern.  


Transforming Hope is a nonprofit organization designed to offer freedom to girls ages 12-17 who have a history of sexual exploitation.  In July of this year, "Emma's Home" was opened for young women who have been rescued from domestic sex trafficking.


Statistics indicate that there are at least 100,000 young American women who are trafficked throughout the US each year. 


Emma's Home is designed to be a place where these young women can experience freedom from their past, safety for their present, and hope for their future. And guess what position they were looking for? You guessed it... a resident director.  I applied for the position, and got it!  Thanks for praying with me  for these women. 

No comments: