Sunday, December 18, 2011

Love God well. Love People well.
Back in October, UNCC had an outreach called “Reverse-trick-or treat” where we passed out candy and used surveys to invite students into spiritual conversations. On that night, I talked to a young woman named Abby who was NOT interested in anything having to do with God. Of course, I didn’t want to push so I simply said, “Hey, here’s my number. If you are ever interested in exploring spiritual things, give me a call and I’d love to get to know you better.”
About a week ago, I got a text from Abby! She was doing a project in one of her classes and wanted to know if she could interview me to get a Christian’s perspective on some hot-topics in society. During our meeting, I was able to gently share the gospel with her and I learned that she actually has a lot of personal questions about God, but she has never met a Christian who didn’t judge her based on her beliefs. At the end of our time together I asked Abby if she would want to get together regularly for coffee and try to explore some of these questions that she has about God. We are going to start meeting regularly in January! Please pray for God to give me wisdom and compassion as I begin this journey with Abby. And pray that she would come to believe the life-changing message of Jesus Christ!

No comments: