Thursday, June 24, 2010

What Have I been Doing?

I have spent the last four years of my life at Lenoir-Rhyne University in Hickory, North Carolina. This time has been precious, joyful, and difficult as I have learned more about who God is and learned to trust Him in different areas of my life. Having graduated in May, I have now earned a Bachelors degree in both Religious Studies and Psychology.

In addition to the many classes I have taken and the hours of studying and writing papers, I spent a great amount of my time participating as a leader with Campus Crusade for Christ. My experience with Campus Crusade during these past four years has allowed me to participate in small group Bible studies, large group prayer and worship meetings, one-on-one discipleship, times of fellowship, and mission trips to both Argentina and Florida!

Watching God Move

God has showed up in powerful ways on our campus during these four years. We have seen our weekly large group meeting go from 20 people my freshman year to 130+ my senior year. This past year we had more than 35 girls attend our women’s retreat where they were exposed to the gospel, participated in Bible study with Beth Moore, and enjoyed fellowship with other Christians. We also saw 10 students trust Christ for the first time on Lenoir-Rhyne’s campus this past semester. As I said, God is doing some mighty things!

What’s next?

Many of you have asked me what the next step in my life will be and that is why I am writing now. I am planning to continue working with Campus Crusade for Christ to reach college students for Christ next year. In August, I will begin working at campuses in the Charlotte area (UNC-C, Winthrop, Wingate, and Lenoir-Rhyne to name a few) for a year long internship.

During this time, I will be working on a team to take the initiative, in the power of the Holy Spirit, to share Christ with students on campus. I will also spend time discipling women in their Christian walks, leading retreats and conferences for students, and teaching women on campus how to share their faith. I am really excited about this opportunity to love college students in the name of Christ.

How can you be a part?

Great question! In order to be on campus by August 1, 2010, I need to gather a ministry team of prayer partners and financial partners. To put all my attention toward college students during the school year, I need to raise my entire year’s worth of salary this summer. To do that, I am meeting with friends and family to give you the opportunity to be a part of my ministry team.

I am in the process of raising prayer and financial support for some current monthly needs I have for ministry on campus this year. Currently, I need $3,106 in monthly support to get to a healthy financial place. I realize that this goal could be met by 30 people who are willing to support me at $100 per month for the year.

Would you prayerfully consider joining my monthly support team in whatever way God may lead? I want you to feel no pressure, but I would like to give you the opportunity to be involved in my ministry in whatever way you are able. If you are interested in supporting my ministry, please contact me at 704-778-1556.

Thank You!

Thank you again for your support and faithful prayers—you make my ministry to college students possible. Thank you for investing in my life, and giving me the opportunity to watch God work in incredible ways! I will keep you updated as God continues to move so that you can praise Him along side of me. Thank you for investing in the lives of college students and giving them opportunities to put their hope and trust in Christ.

No comments: